Everlast PowerPro 256S TIG/Stick Welder/Plasma Cutter Combo Review
The Everlast PowerPro 256S works as both a TIG/Stick welder and a plasma cutter. The unit is compact and very portable, making it a great option for those who have to do welding or cutting on the road or on-site.
The PowerPro 256S offers users incredible power and performance via its IGBT inverter design. The PowerPro 256S welder delivers up to 250 amps of AC/DC TIG welding power. Stick welding can get up to 200 amps of stick welding power which is plenty for most jobs. The plasma cutter supplies up to 60 amps of cutting power and cuts are fast and easy to make.
Why Should You Buy The Everlast PowerPro 256?
The unit offers many advantages that would be hard to find in other brands of welders/cutters. With the included Siemens IGBT modules, users get a high degree of reliability. Servicing is faster and easier as most parts are standard components.
With its full-bridge design and soft switching technology, longer life is possible. Also, the improved HF point design allows for more stable arc starts, even at lower amp levels. The control panels are easy to read, easy to use, and include warning lights.
Who Should Buy?
This is an excellent value for those who need access to a combination TIG/Stick welder and plasma cutter. It is also a great option for those who have to do these kinds of jobs on-site. It is a good choice for both professionals and for hobbyists who do a good deal of welding or cutting.
While this unit works well as a portable unit, it was not designed for industrial, full-time use. It would not be a good option for shops that require a lot of time on the welder. However, for those on-the-spot repairs, and for normal use, this is the one to look at first. The unit can be used in light rain and is rated IP21S.
- Portable and reliable
- Great for on-site repair work
- Easy to use once set up
- High-quality inverter included
- Features automatic over-voltage, over current and duty cycle protection (over-heat)
- Rugged case
- Easy to read controls, gauges, and switches
- Uses IGBT Infineon Modules
- 250A TIG / 200A STICK / 60a PLASMA CUTTER
- 5 Year Warranty (Parts and Labor)
- 1/2″ weld on single pass on AC TIG – 1/2″ on DC TIG , 7/8″ cut on plasma
- Not appropriate for full-time welding use
- May be priced a bit high for home use
- Can be complicated to use without practice
- Note: If used with generators, the unit welder requires at least 10,500 watts of continuous output, designated as “clean power” by the generator manufacturer. Warranty may be voided if unit is used with generators not designated by the generator manufacturer as a “clean” power source.
- Process: AC/DC GTAW-P/DC SMAW/PAC
- Inverter Type: Analog, IGBT Siemens Module
- Voltage Input (U1): 220/ 240 V; 50/60Hz 1 Ph
- Cooling Method: Full Time High Velocity Fan with Tunnel design
- Dimensions (approximate): 18” H X 10” W X 25” L
- Weight (Bare Unit): 70 lbs
The Everlast PowerPro 256S is a handy, yet powerful and flexible, welder/plasma cutter that is specifically designed to be taken on the road. It is one of the most portable units on the market today and can handle virtually any job that one will come across for both welding and cutting.
The unit comes with everything you need to get started, including a well-written user’s manual with plenty of diagrams. All buyers should read the manual carefully as it details everything you need to know to use, set up, and stay safe while using the tool.
The Everlast PowerPro 256S can be found on Amazon.