Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME Plasma Cutter Review
The Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME is a very portable plasma cutter that nicely fits the needs of the home user or the hobbyist. It can cut up to 1/4″ maximum with relative ease. It operates on either 120 V or 240 Volt input and is very easy to set up and operate. It runs off an external air compressor (not included). The 375 X-TREME is not a good choice for those who need to cut thicker material on a routine basis. When used at 220 Volt, it can cut up to 3/8” at 18 IPM.
This is a very versatile plasma cutter with many advanced features. The cutter uses state-of-the-art MVP™ for plugging into selected power source. It also comes with a high-quality cable, ergonomic handle, and rugged carrying case. Users will appreciate the automatic air regulation feature that will automatically compensate the air input pressure to provide constant recommended torch pressure needed for maximum performance. Easy to read LED indicators show pressure power cup, as well as temperature.
Why Should You Buy:
The Spectrum 375 X-TREME offers users a lot of features that they will not find in other models at this price range. Very easy to set up and use. With the Auto-Line circuitry feature the unit automatically connects to 120–240 VAC, single-phase power, 50/60 Hz, without the user having to remove the covers to reconnect the power source; also the multi-voltage plug allows for fast, safe connection to either 120 or 240 Volt receptacles without having to use tools.
The cutter is able to perform the types of jobs that crafters need handled on a regular basis at the lower voltage setting. For tougher jobs, and for those who need to cut thicker material, simply going to 220 V will solve the problem. Lightweight and very easy to move around.
Who Should Buy:
This unit is very easy to use for a newbie, and, with just a bit of practice, users will be able to make fine cuts. A great option for those who need a plasma cutter for the garage, farm, ranch, small fabrication shop, or for use with arts and crafts projects. Excellent option for those working on a budget as consumables are less expensive and easier to find.
Not a good option for those who need to do heavy duty cutting.
- Automatic Air Regulation: Auto-pressure compensation to ensure that correct pressure is maintained for optimal performance.
- Very portable.
- Includes Wind Tunnel Tech: Air flow is maintained internally to keep components clean and free from debris.
- Fan On Demand: Fan runs only when needed.
- Comes with protective X-CASE™
- XT30 Torch: Ergonomic handle with unique no-slip grip, thumb guide, and finger contours help prevent operator fatigue while the flexible cable makes maneuvering easy.
- Comes with Auto-Refire™ Technology: automatically controls the pilot arc so that pilot arc will switch in and out as often and as fast as needed when working on expanded metal. Also provides maximum power when the user is cutting thicker metal automatically.
- Will not perform well with low-quality air compressors.
- May cause circuits to break on low voltage.
- Input voltage: 208/240V 1PH and input (Amps): 240V – 13.6 A, 120V (20A) – 25.6A, 120V (15A) – 18.1A.
- Rated output: 30A
- Duty cycle: 240V – 35%, 120V (20A) – 20%, 120V (15A) – 35%
- Cutting capacity: 3/8″ at 18 IPM
- Welding Amperage Range: 14 – 30 Amps
- Net Weight with torch: 19 lb (8.6 kg)
- Pressure Flow: 5 SCFM (146 L/min) at 90 PSI MIN (621 KPa) 120 PSI MZX (828 kPa).
- Comes with 1 gauge shield, 1 standard tip, 1 extended tip, 1 gauge tip, and 1 deflector.
- Plasma cutter welder with hand-held torch has 12′ cable and includes 10′ MVP™ power cord MVP™ plugs 5-15P and 6-50P.
- Contains consumables box and shoulder strap.
The Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME is a great choice for those who need limited plasma cutting capabilities. It would not be a good choice for those who need to cut heavier gauge metal. While it may have some limitations, it is very well suited for the hobbyist, arts-and-crafts folks, smaller repair shop, and for those who work in areas such as residential plumbing. Also a good choice for most farms and ranches. The cutter is very easy to use and operators can master finer cuts with just a bit of practice. While it can certainly cut smaller work on the 110 V setting, it truly shines when used on 220 Voltage.
The Miller Spectrum 375 can be found on Amazon.