Everlast PowerTIG 250EX TIG Welder Review
Everlast deliver again with another quality tig welder. The Everlast PowerTIG 250EX welder is a powerful, dynamic machine that delivers the same reliability and quality that Everlast are known for.
Delivering all the features you’d expect from a system like this, the Everlast PowerTIG 250EX is also the single best welder for aluminium work due to the new extended AC cleaning range setting and arc force control. Whether you’re an enthusiast looking for a premium machine or a professional who needs something high quality and heavy duty to stand up to the rigours of the working day, the PowerTIG 250EX delivers.
Why Should You Buy The Everlast PowerTIG 250EX?
With its range of features, consistent reliability and sheer raw power output, the PowertTIG 250EX is simply an exceptional welding system. Capable of welding any metal up to ½ an inch in one pass, or 1inch in multiple passes, this machine will deal with any situation your workshop can throw at it.
On top of this, the PowerTIG 250EX is packed with features and technology that make welding easier, whether you’re a seasoned professional or an absolute beginner, and its unique technology makes it the single best welder of its class when it comes to working with aluminium.
Who Should Buy?
A high quality machine with exceptional performance, the Everlast PowertTIG 250EX is ideal for workshops and industrial purposes, including automotive work, shipyards, pipeline welding and gun-smithing.
The range of features and ease of use also make this system exceptional for anyone looking for a high quality machine that will deal with any situation you might face, no matter what you’re welding.
- Everlast quality: The PowerTIG 250EX continues Everlast’s lineage, delivering a high quality, reliable machine packed with features. Every aspect of the system has been designed with the welder in mind and it’s packed full of technology.
- Extended AC cleaning range: The controlled AC range gives you a cleaner, more controlled bead with better penetration on thicker metals, and lower oxidation when welding aluminium. This feature makes this machine the single most adjustable and high performance aluminium welder on the market.
- Arc force control: The machine has automatic voltage and amperage control, which compensates for voltage drops when you’re stick welding under difficult circumstances.
- Varied start options: With the choice of high frequency start or lift start function from as little as 5 amps, an exceptionally low working amperage, beginning your welding is easier than ever.
- Exceptional duty cycle: With an exceptional 100% duty cycle at 200A, and 60% at 250A, there’ll be less working downtime than ever.
- Pre and post flow gas regulation: Gas flow is automatically adjusted for maximum efficiency, meaning you’ll naturally use less gas as you weld, costing you less in the long run and wasting less time changing bottles.
- Water cooled systems: Less heat output means a better duty cycle, and a more comfortable welding environment. It’s also safer and better for the lifespan of the machine than conventional air cooling fans.
- Everlast guarantee: Everything in the machine is supported by Everlast’s gold standard 5 year warrant, so in the unlikely event something does go wrong, it will be fixed and back to welding in no time.
- High power requirements: The minimum working voltage of this machine is 208V. For phase 1 and phase 3 it requires a 240V power supply.
- It’s expensive: Everlast build quality machines. However, Everlast machines aren’t cheap, but as always, you get what you pay for.
- Min and max TIG output: 5A/10.2V – 250A/20V
- Min and max stick output: 5A/20.2V – 200A/ 28V
- TIG duty cycle : 60% at 250A/100% at 200A
- Stick duty cycle: 35% at 200A/ 100% at 130A
- Pulse amps: 5-95%
- Pulse time: 10-90%
- Weight: 65lbs
There’s a reason the name Everlast is synonymous with the best welders on the market. If you buy an Everlast, you buy quality, and the PowerTIG 250EX TIG welder is no exception. It welds any metal, gives the best performance with more problematic materials like aluminium, and delivers consistent results no matter the job, time after time after time.
If you need a welder that welds TIG and stick and you want the best, the Everlast 250EX comes highly recommended.
The PowerTIG 250EX can be found on Amazon.