Lotos LT5000D Air Inverter Plasma Cutter Review
The Lotos LT5000D is one of the few reliable plasma cutters that can be used for both smaller industrial tasks and home project tasks. It is very well designed and built tough so it can withstand a lot of use in any environment.
The unit is a 50 Amp, dual-voltage (110/220 Volt) digital plasma cutter. It offers a variety of advantages over oxy-fuel units, not the least of which is that it is less expensive to operate and requires less cleaning due to less slag buildup. It operates via an air compressor (not included) and as such is less of a fire/safety hazard. The trigger on the torch can be set for custom fit, and can be used in thumb or finger positions. The low torch head profile makes it easy to use in tight spaces.
On 220 Volt, the cutter is able to easily handle all types of metals, even thicker pieces. Because it is a High Frequency DC Plasma it can cut through thicker materials than what you find with standard DC plasma cutters. The LT5000D is a great option for DIY jobs and light-duty projects.
Why Should You Buy:
For those who are looking for an affordable, yet powerful, digital plasma cutter, the Lotos LT5000D is an excellent option. It can be operated on either 110 Volt or 220 Volt, making it a good choice for those who do smaller jobs in the average home with only 110 V power. For those who need more power, use 220 V.
The unit can cut various metals, sheet metal, and aluminum. It is a very good fit for those new to plasma cutting and is easy to use and set up. The duty cycle provides enough power for virtually any smaller type project. This High Frequency Plasma cutter works faster and has less metal distortion. The unit is designed on state-of-the-art MOSFET transistors that can provide steady, high power output needed for thicker metal cutting. It can also make very fine cuts.
Who Should Buy:
The Lotos LT5000D was designed to be used by a variety of people who have a variety of tasks to perform. It is an especially good fit for those who do artwork or work in ornamental metals as it can make very precise cuts. It is also an excellent choice for those who do light-duty repair or cutting work such as in muffler shops, automotive repair, light salvage, plumbing and construction work, and pipe fitting. It is lightweight enough to be very portable and this makes it good for farm, ranch, or on-the-road work.
- The unit comes with what you need to get started: plasma cutting torch, 9’9″ long, 3-prong ground clamp and cable, 6’8″ long air filter and regulator (regulates 0 – 150psi), 6 air hose connections, 4 clamps, 2 couplers, and air hose.
- Comes with 1-year warranty.
- Easy to set up and easy to operate.
- Dual voltage capability.
- High Frequency allows for less slag clean up, finer cuts.
- Sturdy carrying handle.
- Easy to see controls and readings.
- Does not come with power plugs.
- Plugs have to be attached by user to power cord.
- Novice users will have to practice with it to master cuts.
- Input Voltages: 110-220V, 1-PH, 50/60 Hz
- Input Current: 110-220V, 1-PH, 20 A
- Output Current: 10-50 A
- Duty Cycle @ 40°C (104°F): 60% @ 50A, 110V 60% @ 50A, 220V
- Dimensions with Handle: 15” x 6” x 12”
- Weight: 22.5 lbs
- Gas Supply: Clean, dry, oil-free air
- Recommended Gas Inlet Flow Rate / Pressure: 3.6 scfm @ 65 psi
- Input Power Cable Length: 6’
The Lotos LT5000D 50A Air Inverter Plasma Cutter can be used for a lot of different projects and work tasks. It is a very good option for home use or for those who do art projects as it can be run on household 110 Voltage for smaller types of projects. However, by switching it over to 220 Voltage, it can cut much thicker materials and is very good at rough cutting such as done in salvage yards or at repair shops. Craft makers, and others, will appreciate that there is less slag to clean up after the cutting is finished. The unit is very affordable and within most budgets; consumables are affordable as well, making it a long-term, economical value. The manual is well written and easy to follow, with set up being simple and quick.
The Lotos LT5000D can be found on Amazon.