Ramsond CUT 50DY Portable Plasma Cutter Review
The Ramsond CUT 50DY is one of the best selling plasma cutters on the market today. It is a versatile, easy to use, 50 Amp, dual voltage (110V and 220V) cutter than features dual frequency (50 and 60 Hz) convenience. It also features high-quality inverter technology developed through four generations of models. It includes a lot of features that users will appreciate such as easy to read digital amp display along with an integrated pressure gauge. The unit includes a very high-quality cooling system, excellent carry handle, and an easy-to-read manual.
The unit cuts clean and with uniformity, and even the novice user will be able to use it effectively. It can cut stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, copper, brass, aluminum plate and other conductive materials, and is able to do this with less distortion and minimal heat input.
Why Should You Buy:
With 50 amps of power, this unit is powerful and can cut the types of materials that most users need to cut on a routine basis. It is perfect for both the novice/hobbyist as well as for the professional. The Ramsond CUT 50DY comes with a great set of accessories and is easy to set up. Its lightweight (19 pounds) makes it portable and easy to move around.
In addition to the power it contains, the unit is very user-friendly. Because the unit has provided pressure reading and unit setting information on the front panel, operators no longer need to stop cutting in order to stay informed. They can simply look at the front panel.
Who Should Buy:
The Ramsond CUT 50DY is a great choice for both the novice and the professional as it delivers all the power that most users need. Persons who only do very lightweight cutting may find that this unit has more power than they need, but for those who want to have power on hand at all times, this is the one to look at. It is perfect for those who cut thicker materials and do rough cutting (auto shops, muffler repair, ornamental metalworking, etc).
- The Ramsond CUT50DY Plasma Cutter, comes with: Plasma Torch (Push Button Control) with 10 Feet Hose, Plasma Consumables (10 Electrodes, 10 Nozzles, 5 Shield Cups and 5 Swirl Rings), Air Filter/Regulator and Mounting Hardware, Ground Clamp with 8.5 Feet Wire, Teflon Tape, Inlet hose with nozzles and clamp, Instruction Manual.
- Pressure gauge and display are on the front of the unit.
- Comes with powerful 50 amp digital inverter.
- Dual voltage use (110/220)
- Dual frequency uses 50/60 Hz.
- Cuts up to ¼ inch; severance cuts up to 1 inch.
- Requires a quality air compressor to be fully effective.
- May be a bit expensive for the casual user.
- Will require some practice before mastering finer cuts.
- Voltage: Dual Automatic 110/220 Volts.
- Input Frequency: 50/60 Hz.
- Duty Cycle: 60%
- Rated Input Current: 28.7 A
- Rated Output Voltage: 100V
- Max Conventional Cutting Thickness: 3/4 inch
- Max Severance Cutting Thickness: 1 inch
- Efficiency: 85%
- Air Requirement: 50-75 psi @ 3.5 CFM
- Dimensions: 14.25” x 6” x 9”
- Weight: 19 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Parts and Labor)
For a reasonable price, anyone can have a very powerful and reliable plasma cutter with the Ramsond CUT 50DY. With its 50 amps, it is 10 amps more powerful than what consumers find in other brands at this price point. In other words, you get more for your money with the Ramsond CUT 50DY. This is a great option for those who need power for cutting on the job as well as for those who need the ability to make fine, intricate cuts. The one thing to remember, however, is that you will need a good air compressor to get the most out of the unit. It needs plenty of clean air and only a decent quality compressor can deliver that in quantities.
The Ramsond CUT 50DY has a lot of new features as well that make it even more easy to operate. For instance, the pressure gauge is located on the front of the unit and not in the rear as is the case with most other cutters. The digital settings panel is also on the front and it big enough that it can be read from feet away. While these may seem like small things, they are not. Ask anyone who has had to stop work to look behind the cutter to get a pressure reading and they will confirm that these features are a great addition.
The Ramsond CUT 50DY can be found on Amazon.